Location: East Otis, Massachusetts
Compensation: Commensurate based on experience
Dates: Approximately early-June to August
Benefits: Travel stipend, comfortable housing, healthy meals, access to camp facilities
Camp Description: The Berkshire Soccer Academy is a private overnight soccer camp for girls. We offer an elite training experience for girls, ages 10-16, in a traditional camp setting on a private lake in the Berkshires.
Scope of Work: When not on Cabin Counselor duty, the Lifeguard will work closely with the Waterfront Director and 3-5 other lifeguards to maintain a safe, organized, and fun lakefront. Lifeguards will supervise shallow and deep-water swimming, as well as water-park play; enforce all rules and standards; manage equipment and paperwork; clean and organize the waterfront area; and respond to emergencies. Lifeguards will be responsible for 10-70 campers at one time. A typical day may begin as early as 7:00AM and end as late as 10:00AM. This includes 1 day off for every 6 working days and regularly scheduled breaks throughout the workday. The Lifeguard will live in a cabin with 8-12 campers as their Cabin Counselor, alongside 1-2 other counselors.
Job Qualifications based on our Service Standards:
- Must have significant experience and comfort within water based activities.
- Previous experience Lifeguarding or swimming competitively is a plus.
- Must be prepared to live in a rugged mountain setting with simple accommodations and limited access to phone/internet.
- Past summer camp experience, a plus.
· Must be trustworthy and have a proven track record of following-through with commitments.
· Must communicate honestly, clearly, and calmly, in personal and professional settings.
· Must be committed to health: physically, psychologically and socially, as well as the safety and well-being of our campers.
· Must model healthy habits and safe behavior, specifically with Waterfront materials and equipment.
· Must enjoy working with kids, and cultivating their creative abilities.
· Must be able to successfully communicate and enforce safety rules and instructions.
· Must have proven ability to provide 1-on-1 and group guidance to staff and campers.
· Must be able to maintain control of Waterfront and safety of energetic kids.
· Must work hard alongside lifeguard team to keep a clean and well-stocked Waterfront area.
· Must have proven success working within a team, meeting deadlines, being punctual, and collaborating with other staff and campers.
· Must introduce and supervise waterfront activities with enthusiasm.
· Must have proven experience as a positive role model to kids and peers.
· Must demonstrate optimism and flexibility in the face of adversity.
· Must enjoy receiving constructive feedback, and be able to improve from it.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-326-9219
To Apply: Please visit our website www.berkshiresocceracademy.com and complete the Staff Application as thoroughly as possible.