Location: East Otis, Massachusetts
Dates: Late-May to late-August
Benefits: Comfortable housing available with healthy meals and access to camp facilities; can also commute
Camp Description: The Berkshire Soccer Academy is a private overnight soccer camp for girls. We offer an elite training experience for girls, ages 10-16, in a traditional camp setting on a private lake in the Berkshires. All camp positions offer the opportunity for professional development and to work within a caring and exciting environment.
Scope of Work: The Turf and Facility Management Assistant staff will work under the mentorship of the Facilities Manager and Full time maintenance team, to support the day to day operations and general up keep of the property. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive, thoughtful and willing to learn. Daily tasks may include mowing, landscaping, light carpentry, equipment maintenance, painting, trash removal and movement of equipment. A typical schedule includes 1 day off every 6 work days and regularly scheduled breaks during the work day.
The Maintenance Assistant will have the opportunity to live on site in comfortable staff housing with access to 3 healthy meals a day, but may also choose to commute daily.
Job Qualifications based on our Service Standards:
- Proven ability to learn and use light power and hand tools
- Attention to detail and organized
- Must be hard-working, reliable, enthusiastic, and a fast-learner
- Ability to follow directions and ask for clarification if necessary
- Ability to perform physical duties, lift 60+ pounds
- Ability to interact positively with other staff and campers
- Experience working in a similar setting is a plus
· Must be trustworthy and have a proven track record of following-through with commitments.
· Must communicate honestly, clearly, and calmly, in personal and professional settings.
· Must be committed to the safety and well-being of our campers at all times; physically, psychologically and socially.
· Must have ability to engage with and be sensitive to children and adults.
· Must work directly with the Maintenance Director and camp Directors.
· Must have proven success working within a team, meeting deadlines, being punctual, and collaborating with coworkers and supervisors.
· Must be able to demonstrate optimism and flexibility in the face of adversity.
· Must be open to receiving constructive feedback, and proven experience taking action to correct performance when necessary.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-326-9219
To Apply: Please click on the green “Apply Externally” button and complete the Staff Application as thoroughly as possible.