We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship will be a HYBRID Model (2-3 Days in Office) role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As an Associate Software Engineer Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Associate Software Engineer intern will provide support across the entire Digital and Technology team. Responsibilities will include:
- Building new features on bestbuy.com or our mobile application
- Improving our ability to plan inventory at our stores and warehouses, building predictive models for recommendations or personalized experiences
- Enhancing applications to empower employees to better serve our customers
- Automating deployments and configuration of new software, automating monitoring, and alerting to ensure reliability of new and existing digital assets
- Creating visualizations for large data sets, administering, and enhancing shared cloud services
- Building tools and standards-based shared capabilities for other engineers, and much more!
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Familiarity with common approaches to the software development life cycle, particularly agile methodologies
- Experience in back-end development using technology stacks built on Java, Groovy, Python or NodeJS
- Experience in administration of operating systems, containers, web servers, persistence stores, such as Linux, Tomcat, Apache Web Server, JBoss, Cassandra, CockroachDB, Apache Solr, or similar
- Experience with predictive modeling, data mining, or machine learning, using technologies such as TensorFlow, SciKit Learn, or R