Best Buy is one of the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailers in the world with technology at its center. Our team of over 5,000 engineers in Digital and Technology fuels growth and spurs innovation on our journey to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
We embrace a culture of rapid experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, agile environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and a passion for mentoring others. We welcome your industry experience and outside perspectives as we transform to a more digitally focused company.
*** Ideally this role will be hybrid and the planned expectation will be onsite for approximately 2-3 days per week. ***
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As an Associate Software Engineer Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
Potential responsibilities will include:
- Building new features on bestbuy.com or our mobile application
- Improving our ability to plan inventory at our stores and warehouses, building predictive models for recommendations or personalized experiences
- Enhancing applications to empower employees to better serve our customers
- Automating deployments and configuration of new software, automating monitoring, and alerting to ensure reliability of new and existing digital assets
- Creating visualizations for large data sets, administering, and enhancing shared cloud services
- Building tools and standards-based shared capabilities for other engineers, and much more!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An intensely curious personality where you want to figure out the ‘why’ behind how software systems work
- A desire to figure out what it is like to work in a software development shop and how a new hire out of college would fit in
What we are Offering You:
- Ability to work on live customer facing features in partnership with our existing engineering team
- Collaborate with fellow interns on a new feature to deliver to our public customers
- Learn about the agile software development process and how it is implemented in a typical software development shop
- Gain a clear understanding of the different roles that exist in a software organization, like software engineer, product manager, customer experience designer. And gain insight into the responsibilities of those roles, how they interact, and which of those roles might be right for you in your future
- Mentors and managers excited for your growth and time together