Distribution Area Manager
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us into their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security and health.
**This position will be available starting in May or June 2021**
**Location will be based on business need and applicants need to be comfortable moving anywhere in the United States**
**Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
The Distribution Center (DC) Area Manager provides daily leadership to a Delivery Distribution Center (DDC). They oversee the receipt, storage and distribution of merchandise to Best Buy company stores, warehouses, home deliveries and shuttle deliveries. Using behavior-based coaching and feedback, the DC Area Manager ensures that job duties and responsibilities of team members are safely completed in a consistent, accurate, and productive manner. The DC Area Manager is responsible for coaching and developing teams to create a culture of continuous improvement through employee engagement that supports our company values.
- Hires, coaches and manages performance of an hourly staff.
- Provides tactical direction for an hourly workforce within a DDC.
- Partners internally with peers and leadership to meet building productivity, safety and quality goals and works externally to fulfill customer needs.
- Facilitates change and sets objectives for warehouse operations to create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment through recognition, training and coaching of employees in keeping with Best Buy’s Values.
- Maintains a positive work environment where employee’s diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Provides avenues for employees to give feedback on operational, policy and cultural aspects of their department and the building.
- Actively participates in special projects, company initiatives, community building events and other leadership duties as apparent or assigned.
- Planning, organization and follow-up are essential to success
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university preferably in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Logistics, Business or related field, graduating Spring 2021
- 0-2 years of experience in Distribution, Operations, Warehousing, Customer Service, related field or Military equivalent
- 0-2 years of supervisory or leadership experience in Business, Military or other fields
- Willing and able to relocate to anywhere in the United States
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Strong analytical skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment across functional groups
- Ability to influence others and adapt to new situations and responsibilities