We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a HYBRID Model (2-3 Days in Office) role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Fraud Analyst Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Fraud Analyst Summer intern will provide support across the entire Enterprise Risk & Compliance team. Responsibilities will include:
- Continuous monitoring of internal and external data sources with the purpose of identifying fraud, waste and abuse
- Collaboration across the enterprise to identify resources, reporting, and fraud mitigation tools to reduce risk to the enterprise
- Data collection, consolidation, and analysis for internal and external fraud investigations and communication of this information to members of the GTI team
- Initiate investigations based on red flags identified during data analysis.
- Respond to requests for ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Track and link case data utilizing available tools and databases
- Identify support needs and execute solutions related to systems, processes, and tools
- Serve as a subject matter resource in areas of fraud, waste, and abuse
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Preferred Background in retail