Merchandising Analyst Intern
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a HYBRID Model (2-3 Days in Office) role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Merchandising Analyst Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many
challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
A Merchandising Analyst Intern will experience all three disciplines within the Merchandising team (Demand Planning, Merchandising, E-Commerce). They will learn the overall curation of product categories across all delivery channels, including E-commerce, Retail, and In-Home.
· You will conduct a digital first customer experience journey for an assigned brand/product. Throughout the internship, you will learn about the assortment life cycle starting with merchandising, moving to e-commerce, and finishing with demand planning.
· You will articulate each function of Category Management Analyst roles – merchandising, e-commerce, demand planning – understanding the aspects of each job and why it is critical to Best Buy’s overall performance.
· You will learn how to evaluate inventory health and determine what SKUs are productive, underperforming or overperforming for your vendor/category.
· You will understand the pricing/margin structure for the assigned vendor.
· At the end of the program, you will present your findings to your peers, mentors, and leaders.
As an Analyst Intern you will get to experience all three disciplines:
Demand Planning – The Analyst is responsible for alignment and execution of inventory purchasing and placement with focus on forecasting, vendor collaboration and inventory investment based on the category strategy. This role has direct responsibility for purchasing decisions supporting all channels in partnership with Category Lead.
Merchandising – The Analyst provides support to the Category Lead in everyday operations of their category. They are responsible for conducting analysis of category performance and industry trends, and providing business recommendations on assortment, pricing, promotional planning, customer experience, and vendor management. This individual is also responsible for the execution of the category strategy initiatives in support of the Category Lead. The accurate and timely execution of the above responsibilities has a substantial impact on the overall category and company profitability ranging from $10M to $600M.
E-commerce – The Analyst is the channel expert responsible for influencing and delivering a digital first merchandising strategy in support of the Category Lead. They will work closely with other Analysts and Category Leads to manage the e-commerce experience for their category.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
· Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· 3.0 GPA or above
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to work in a fast pace/ever changing environment and drive results
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and organizational skills
· Curiosity for Supply Chain, Forecasting, Merchandising and E-Commerce