We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a (Hybrid Model) role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Procurement Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This experiential internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Procurement Internship provides an outstanding opportunity to understand and influence our business, learn company systems, and enhance your technical knowledge, analytical lens and communication skills. The Procurement Team is responsible for sourcing all the goods and services not for resale (GNFR) for Best Buy. The team is fast-paced and works with a variety of suppliers and internal customers. As a Procurement Intern, you will primarily be responsible for participating in Procurement Operations projects and driving efficiencies. You will work cross functionally with business teams, participate in meetings, share communication, and work on high profile projects.
Potential internship projects:
- Support the Supplier Diversity efforts enterprise wide to capture data and create reporting
- Optimize and automate processes
- Identify risks, trends, articulate financial and operational impacts based on data analytics using data from multiple sources.
- Navigate through various systems to obtain data/information, create advanced spreadsheets, and perform analysis. Leverage data to provide recommendations on mitigation of risk.
- 3 Bids & a Buy, sourcing events
- Category spend analysis and strategy
- Review and report on gaps in Source to Pay Procurement process
- Facilitate meetings with Sourcing & Sourcing Ops to identify opportunities to automate manual work
- Other projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Must be willing to work in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area in a Hybrid Model (2-3 days in the office)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong analytical skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment across functional groups
- Ability to generate results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment