We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
*** Ideally this role will be hybrid and the planned expectation will be onsite for approximately 2-3 days per week. ***
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position*** ***
As a Digital Product Manager Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Digital Product Manager Summer intern will provide support across the entire Digital & Technology team. Responsibilities will include:
- Leveraging customer data and research to translate business strategies into product requirements that deliver against core customer value propositions and Best Buy’s strategic and financial goals
- Working on a Mobile App product team collaborating with business stakeholders, user experience (UX) designers, mobile engineers, QA, and other relevant e-commerce teams
- Partnering with senior product managers on the team to plan and execute new product features from ideation through to launch
- Exposure into Agile Methodology of product development in a fast paced and collaborative environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Basic knowledge of user-centric design, communication integration strategies, user flows, use cases, and feature development related to creating digital products
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Ability to use critical and strategic thinking to solve customer and business problems.
- Analytical thinking, comfortable with using and manipulating data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, drive results, possess strong analytical, reasoning and communication skills, and interested in retail.
- Curiosity and a passion for new technologies and the internet
- Knowledge of and/or classroom experience with digital technology
- Basic knowledge of project and product management principles
- Basic knowledge of Agile development