We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a HYBRID Model (2-3 Days in Office) role***
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Social Media Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Social Media Intern will provide support across the entire Social Media Marketing team. Responsibilities will include:
- Daily: Responsibilities will include assisting with managing incoming social conversation coming directly from our current and future customers. These platforms include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. The intent of this work is to humanize the Best Buy brand by talking about what’s possible, building brand love and fostering community.
- Weekly: Develop a Competitive Tracker and share-out with cross functional teams insights
- Long Term: Focus on a specific platform and identify opportunities for testing and learning
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Candidates should be highly engaged with social media, pop culture and a genuine interest in technology and consumer electronics
- Strong written & presentation skills are helpful
- Experience with Microsoft applications is required