Supply Chain Rotational Internship (Bolingbrook, IL)
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be an in-person role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Supply Chain Rotational Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This experiential internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Supply Chain Rotational Internship Program provides an opportunity to understand and influence our business, learn company systems, and enhance your technical knowledge, leadership and communication skills. Our Distribution Centers operate in 24 locations across the United States. As a Supply Chain Rotational Intern, you will participate in rotations across various key supply chain functions at our Distribution Center in Bolingbrook, IL. Each rotation will give you an opportunity to gain real world experience across our business and strengthen your teamwork and leadership skills. During this program, you will have the opportunity to explore and determine your passion in a world-class supply chain organization while having a dedicated support system to ensure you are reaching your full potential.
Rotations may include:
- Home Delivery Operations
- Inbound/Outbound Operations
- Inventory Control
- End to End Fulfillment
- Reverse Logistics
- 3rd Party Relationships
- Other projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment across functional groups
- Ability to generate results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to work any shift as required throughout the program
- Willing and able to relocate to any Best Buy distribution center in the U.S. after graduation/completing rotational program