BETHEL HORIZONS FOUNDATION, INC – MADISON, WI
Job Description: Camp Health Supervisor
As the Camp Health Supervisor, this person is the health resource person for all summer campers and staff. This person will perform health checks of all campers, administer medications as needed, and administer emergency procedures as needed in accordance with ACA Standards, Wisconsin State Standards and the provided Standing Orders. For serious or life-threatening emergencies, the Dodgeville Emergency Room will be contacted via 911. Food and Lodging provided throughout the time of employment.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Camp Health Supervisor is accountable to the Program Director for the quality and delivery of work produced.
PART-TIME/FULL-TIME: Seasonal Full-Time LOCATION: Bethel Horizons Camp and Retreat Center COMPENSATION: Commensurate with education and experience
1. Perform health checks of every camper on the first day of their camp week.
2. Administer medication as needed.
3. Administer emergency procedures as needed.
4. Administer care and first aid for basic injury.
5. Document all health-related interactions on our electronic system “Camp Doc ” or appropriate logbook for offsite programs.
6. Communicate with the guardians of campers as necessary to inform them of needed health related updates.
7. Refill and monitor staff First Aid Kits.
8. Refill and monitor First Aid Kits in each building and vehicle.
9. Assist with daily job assignments assigned at the beginning of the week.
10. Assist with children as necessary – behavior management and counselor relief.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
ABOUT BETHEL HORIZONS: Bethel Horizons is a year-round facility located on more than 548 acres of prairie, forests, wet-lands and valleys bordering Governor Dodge State Park. Through its outdoor summer camp, retreat and event center, adventure courses and art education campus, it endeavors to develop and perpetuate a physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual environment which will strengthen and enhance the understanding of a person’s relation to God, Self, Others, and Nature. Horizons is affiliated with Bethel Lutheran Church-ELCA, Madison, Wisconsin and accredited by the American Camp Association. It is a member of Lutheran Outdoor Ministries, an association of ELCA camps across the country.
To apply, please go to http://www.bethelhorizons.org/who-we-are/employment/ and click on the link to fill out an application. If you have any questions, please contact James Marlow at email@example.com or call 608-807-7468.