BETHEL HORIZONS FOUNDATION, INC – MADISON, WI
Job Description: Lifeguard
As the Lifeguard, this person will be responsible for the safety and supervision of campers and staff while swimming, canoeing or lazy-river tubing. Depending on the number of campers participating in each event, the lifeguard will work with one or more trained and certified staff to fulfill appropriate ratios as determined by the State of Wisconsin and the American Camping Association standards. Food and lodging provided through the time of employment.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Lifeguard is accountable to the Program Director for the quality and delivery of work produced.
PART-TIME/FULL-TIME: Seasonal Full-Time LOCATION: Bethel Horizons Camp and Retreat Center COMPENSATION: $255.00 per week.
1. Preferred candidates that are 21 years of age or older
2. Valid Red Cross Lifeguard certification or equivalent Lifeguard Certification.
3. Suggested one year of college education or the equivalent in working life experience.
4. The ability to meet each camper where that camper is at with the four harmonies of Bethel Horizons: God, Self, Others and Nature.
5. Emotional maturity
6. Interest in contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the camp.
7. Ability to work as a member of a group or team.
1. Lifeguard at Governor Dodge State Park 2-4 times a week.
2. Lifeguard at other times as assigned by the summer Program Director or Program Coordinator.
3. Assist with daily job assignments assigned at the beginning of the week.
4. Participation in general planning of camp program.
5. Interpret safety and health regulations and explain them to campers and staff.
6. Assist with program activities and other activities in the program unit, working closely with the Program Coordinators.
7. Assist with all camp program activities and other camp wide activities as assigned.
8. Other duties as assigned by the summer Program Director or Program Coordinator.
ABOUT BETHEL HORIZONS: Bethel Horizons is a year-round facility located on more than 548 acres of prairie, forests, wet-lands and valleys bordering Governor Dodge State Park. Through its outdoor summer camp, retreat and event center, adventure courses and art education campus, it endeavors to develop and perpetuate a physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual environment which will strengthen and enhance the understanding of a person’s relation to God, Self, Others, and Nature. Horizons is affiliated with Bethel Lutheran Church-ELCA, Madison, Wisconsin and accredited by the American Camp Association. It is a member of Lutheran Outdoor Ministries, an association of ELCA camps across the country.
To apply, please go to http://www.bethelhorizons.org/who-we-are/employment/ and click on the link to fill out an application. If you have any questions, please contact James Marlow at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-807-7468.