BETHEL HORIZONS FOUNDATION, INC – MADISON, WI
Job Description: Senior Counselor
As Senior Counselor, this person will work in tandem with another Senior Counselor and other staff members in leadership and guidance of six to eight campers from various economic backgrounds. Food and lodging provided through the time of employment.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Senior Counselor is accountable to the Program Director and Program Coordinator for the quality and delivery of work produced.
PART-TIME/FULL-TIME: Seasonal Full-Time LOCATION: Bethel Horizons Camp and Retreat Center COMPENSATION: Commensurate with education and experience
1. Minimum 18 years of age
2. Suggested one year of college education or the equivalent in working life experience.
3. The ability to meet each camper where that camper is at with the four harmonies of Bethel Horizons: God, Self, Others and Nature.
4. Emotional maturity
5. Liking for children, ability to understand the needs of the campers, and the good judgment to place the needs of the campers and the camp ahead of personal desires.
6. Interest in contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the camp.
7. Ability to work as a member of a group or team.
1. Live with a group of 6-8 campers and help each camper adjust and grow with other campers and camp life.
2. Participation in general planning of camp program
3. Interpret safety and health regulations.
4. Guide the individual camper in participation in individual, total program unit, and all-camp activities.
5. Assist with program activities and other activities in the program unit, working closely with the Program Director and Program Coordinator.
6. Assist with all camp program activities and other camp wide activities as assigned.
7. Other duties as assigned by the summer Program Director.