BETHEL HORIZONS FOUNDATION, INC – MADISON, WI
Job Description: Summer Cook
As the Summer Cook, you will be responsible for making menus and cooking for adult or youth campers. The ideal candidate has knowledge of cooking for special diets (ex. vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, etc.) or is willing to learn. The cook is also responsible for keeping the kitchen clean and following state food safety codes. Creativity is encouraged in this position. Preferred age of 21+.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Summer Cook is accountable to the Food Services Director for the quality and delivery of work produced.
PART-TIME/FULL-TIME: Seasonal Full-Time LOCATION: Bethel Horizons Camp and Retreat Center COMPENSATION: $480.00 per week.
1. Minimum 18 years of age
2. Valid SERV Safe and/or Learn2Serve Food Safety Management & Principles Certification.
3. Suggested one year of college education or the equivalent in working life experience.
4. The ability to meet each camper where that camper is at with the four harmonies of Bethel Horizons: God, Self, Others and Nature.
5. Emotional maturity
6. Interest in contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the camp.
7. Ability to work as a member of a group or team.
1. Responsible for providing meals for campers and staff during summer camp programs.
2. Preparing meals for special diets.
3. Preparing daily grocery lists and ordering food in conjunction with the Food Services Director.
4. Cleaning/ organizing kitchen and appliances
5. Ensure compliance with local and state standards for licensing.
6. Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies.
7. Regularly check freshness of food and ingredients
8. Assist with daily job assignments assigned at the beginning of the week.
9. Interpret safety and health regulations and reflect those regulations effectively in the kitchen
10. Assist with program activities and other activities in the program unit, working closely with the Program Director and Program Coordinator.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Food Services Director.
ABOUT BETHEL HORIZONS: Bethel Horizons is a year-round facility located on more than 548 acres of prairie, forests, wet-lands and valleys bordering Governor Dodge State Park. Through its outdoor summer camp, retreat and event center, adventure courses and art education campus, it endeavors to develop and perpetuate a physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual environment which will strengthen and enhance the understanding of a person’s relation to God, Self, Others, and Nature. Horizons is affiliated with Bethel Lutheran Church-ELCA, Madison, Wisconsin and accredited by the American Camp Association. It is a member of Lutheran Outdoor Ministries, an association of ELCA camps across the country.
To apply, please go to http://www.bethelhorizons.org/who-we-are/employment/ and click on the link to fill out an application. If you have any questions, please contact James Marlow at email@example.com or call 608-807-7468.