About Big City Volleyball
Big City Volleyball is New York City’s #1 source for everything volleyball! Indoor & Beach Co-Ed Leagues, Women’s Leagues, Tournaments, Weekend Open Play, Youth Leagues and Summer Camps, Instructional Clinics for kids and adults, plus the best volleyball happy hours anywhere—we do it all!
As part of our Growth Plan, Big City Volleyball is seeking a creative and proactive Business Operations Intern with a passion for volleyball, technology, business processes and management. For over 20+ years, BCVB has established itself as the top volleyball service provider in NYC organizing and executing all kinds of adult and youth volleyball programs. Learning from our own experience we are now looking into a future of growth, and we are building the strategic team that will take us there. The ideal candidate has played volleyball at least at high school level, understands the current youth/adult recreational and formational volleyball landscape in New York, and has at least 1 year of professional experience and/or project management.
Under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator, the Volleyball Operations Intern will:
- Assist with program registration setup, tracking, scheduling and communicating
- Assist with all program ops including leagues, classes, volleypods, camps
- Support completion and tracking of Ops Checklists across all the organization
- Assist with staff assignments and scheduling under the guidance of the internship coordinator
- Assist with registration software setup and feedback
- Learn and assist with process documentation and training guides for admin and field ops
- Assist with structuring, formulating and tracking of strategic projects at Big City Volleyball
- Other related tasks as necessary
- Passionate about Volleyball and understands the volleyball landscape in NYC
- Played college or high school volleyball and still plays/coaches at any level
- Grad Student (Sports Business, Corporate Communication, Project Management or similar) or Undergrad Senior with past internship experience and strong volleyball IQ
- Past corporate/project management experience
- High attention to detail
- Basic Google Docs, Office, Email skills
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
The internship is remote during Covid but will offer the opportunity for some onsite visits to our ops during our volleyball programs in Manhattan, Brooklyn and/or Queens. We use Hubspot, Slack, Zoom, and Google docs to communicate and collaborate, among other tools.
We aim for 20-25 hours per week, with agreed time blocks for supervised/guided work during the week. We are flexible and understanding of the academic calendar and can always adjust to your school’s program needs when doing it for credit.
This is an unpaid internship with the potential for becoming a Full-time position based on performance. We encourage our interns to do it for credit through their school internship program.
If interested in coaching/reffing volleyball there is always space for per game compensation. This will only be optional after starting the internship.