About Big City Volleyball
Big City Volleyball is New York City’s #1 source for everything volleyball! Indoor & Beach Co-Ed Leagues, Women’s Leagues, Tournaments, Weekend Open Play, Youth Leagues and Summer Camps, Instructional Clinics for kids and adults, plus the best volleyball happy hours anywhere—we do it all!
As part of our Growth Plan, Big City Volleyball is seeking a creative and proactive Marketing and Social Media Intern with a passion for media production, tech, copywriting, social media and volleyball. Big City Volleyball communicates daily with over 1,000 followers, and the Social Media Intern will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to all aspects of BCV’s digital work. The ideal candidate has some school/project or professional experience with marketing tools, processes and fundamentals, as well as knowledge of the social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook) and marketing/social media tools (Facebook Ads,Instagram, Twitter, Google Analytics, Google Ads, among others).
Under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator, the Marketing and SM Intern will:
- Help with photo and video recording as needed
- Stay on top of trending topics on social media and help strategize how BCVB can join the conversation
- Support the testing and analysis of social media content
- Brainstorm ideas for future content in weekly engagement meeting
- Assist with writing and curating promotional and engaging content for BCVB social media including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Assist with writing and curating email blasts for BCVB customer base
- Track and support social media and email campaigns
- Track, support and propose key social media and marketing metrics
- Research and propose ad-spending initiatives
- Other related tasks as necessary
- Passionate about Volleyball and understands the volleyball landscape in NYC
- Played college or high school volleyball and still plays/coaches at any level
- Grad Student (Integrated Marketing, Sports Business, Corporate Communication, Project Management or similar)
- Past corporate/project experience in marketing, email writing and/or social media posting and tracking
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Strong writing, editing skills and attention to detail
- Basic HTML, photo, film editing, email design skills are a plus
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
The internship is remote with occasional/optional tasks onsite during our volleyball programs. We use Slack, Zoom, and Google docs to communicate and collaborate, among other tools.
We aim for 15-25 hours per week, with a mix of individual time to work through guided tasks and agreed times during the week to meet/collaborate. We are flexible and understanding of the academic calendar and can always adjust to your school’s program needs when doing it for credit.
This is an unpaid internship with the potential for becoming a Part-time or Full-time position based on performance. We encourage our interns to do it for credit through their school internship program.
If interested in coaching/reffing volleyball there is always space for per game compensation. This will only be optional after starting the internship.