The Bio-Rad Global IT team is seeking an enthusiastic, high potential college student to join the Program Management Office (PMO) Team.
This internship is a great opportunity to learn about project management tools related to business applications. You will join a dynamic team that specializes in managing a project using the waterfall and agile methodologies.
The intern will be responsible for improving processes and associated tools.
The Global IT PMO team at Bio-Rad is a mission critical leader in delivering strategic, complex, cross-functional initiatives that are essential to our evolution, growth and market leader position. The Global IT PMO Team manages technology and software development initiatives. The group is comprised of strong leaders who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist the IT PMO team on automation projects. The IT PMO Intern will be requested to work with multiple internal team members to take on various scoped of work. The work may consist of analysis, requirements definition, and/or general project management tasks.
- Learn Microsoft Power Automate and implement BOTs will be a key responsibility. Although the design tool is a “low code” solution, an understanding of software design or process design would be very helpful in this regard. Examples of BOTS would be for:
- Reporting and tracking of Production Verification for releases
- Statusing of PMO reports
- Approval and Distribution of Communications
- PDFs and backups for project plans
- Creation of progress curves
- Collect and document procedures and instructions, as identified.
- Review project plans and be able to articulate roles project goals and timelines.
- Establish responsible deadlines and work plans and manage time effectively.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on current processes.
- Proactively carry out project support functions.
- The intern should have earned a high school diploma and currently pursuing a degree related to computer science, information systems, business or a related field.
- The intern must have experience in basic knowledge of software development process. The intern must also have working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of Power Automate is a plus.
- The intern must have excellent analytical skills, strong communication skills, the ability to learn quickly, and the willingness to work independently and in a team environment.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Be willing to make a full-time commitment of 40 hours a week for 10 weeks from June 14 – August 20, 2021.