We are seeking an independent scientist in Biochemistry for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Advanced Technology Group. You will be a key contributor innovating molecular biology solutions and integrating workflows into Bio-Rad’s new suite of Digital Biology tools. These platforms will be leveraged to change the community’s ability to resolve disease biology with unprecedented resolution, ease, and speed.
The successful candidate will work closely with a variety of groups including Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Microfluidics, Materials, and Engineering. Candidates must have a broad experience of biochemistry and be able to apply that knowledge creatively to solve problems and navigate highly complex experiments. Highly analytical and flexible scientists that can synthesize and apply learned information across multiple data sets will excel in this position. Any method may be deployed provided it is fit for purpose. You will immediately contribute and play a major role in laying the technology foundation for Bio-Rad’s product portfolio, with outreach to the academic community.
- Work at the interface with biological material and develop sample prep solutions that fit ongoing platform concepts.
- Solve key fundamental molecular biology problems to deliver Proof of Concept for novel assay systems.
- Significantly improve our understanding of the problem space and persistent areas of concern by performing highly matrixed experiments.
- Planning and execution of experiments, in-depth analysis and reporting.
- Contribute identified reagent solutions to cross-disciplinary Engineering teams to ensure project milestones and product performance.
- Work with KOLs to advance academic collaborations and present findings both internally and externally.
- A Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or similar fields.
- 3+ years of hands on biochemistry experience in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated work developing and troubleshooting complex novel assays and systems.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with a broad variety of molecular biology and analytical techniques including NGS, qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, FISH, PAGE, primer design, and/or nucleic acid isolation and manipulation.
- Experience in microfluidics and microanalytical systems is a plus.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.