Bio-Rad is committed to the highest standards of social, ethical and environmental conduct and responsibility. In this temporary role, you will assist in the Global Sustainability Program and Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) programs. You will help with the development and implementation of our global sustainability strategy, gathering and analyzing CSR & ESG related data, creating communications, and implementing projects.
Intern may be asked to contribute on all or some of the tasks below, depending on their skills and experience:
- Develop a system to manage ESG data. Develop data collection templates. Collect, analyze, and validate data to support company sustainability goals and ESG reporting.
- Survey and identify waste disposal data by location.
- Benchmark competitors’ sustainability programs: Goals, KPIs, themes, etc.
- Benchmark the ESG disclosure landscape for Bio-Rad and competitors (scores, ranking, etc).
- Document issues with carbon footprint data collection – prioritize and develop solutions.
- Develop processes to help collect and track data and sustainability report content.
- Develop a process map for customer ESG surveys and help streamline the process.
- Support creation of visual and media assets for sustainability initiatives.
- Compare and evaluate 3rd-party sustainability data management systems.
- Develop surveys and/or other methods to solicit stakeholder concerns and feedback.
- Contribute to internal sustainability newsletter and other communications.
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Strong skills in process management, documentation, and communication skills.
- Excellent ability to create organized, comprehensive, and clear briefs.
- Demonstrated initiative and independence.
- Experience with sustainability, ESG, climate change, and/or environmental issues (regulations, developing legislation, industry trends).
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience collecting, validating, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Experience analyzing data using Excel (pivot tables, charts, formulas).
- Interested in applying an analytical education to environmental issues; such as waste, water resources management and climate change.
- Familiarity with ESG data reporting frameworks.
- Experience in graphic design for infographics or presentations.