This is an independent contractor role
BioCentriq is a cell and gene therapy development and manufacturing center located on the campus of NJIT. We manage a digital capability center designed to train leaders in cell and gene therapy on what is called Industry 4.0 approaches, equipment, and technologies. Our goal is to advance the availability of these therapies to patients by making the manufacturing process more efficient and effective. To learn more about the company, click here.
Check us out on the news:
Enhance[ing] Development Capacity of T Cell Therapy for COVID-19
Usher in a New Era in Cell and Gene Therapies
BioCentriq Name of First Cell and Gene Development Center on University Campus in US
We are currently seeking operators who we can train on the basics of cell and gene therapy and Industry 4.0 equipment that will be housed in the Digital Capability Center located on the campus of NJIT.
All selected operators will receive 12 hours of paid training on the subject matter and equipment used in our training programs so that they can then demonstrate the use of this equipment to adult learners during training sessions run by BioCentriq and its partners.
As an operator, you will train employees and leaders of biotech start-ups, other manufacturing organizations like us, and big pharmaceutical companies.
Our goal is to develop a pool of 20-25 operators who can work as needed. Event scheduling software will be used to communicate available workdays to all the operators who will then be able to sign-up on a first-come, first-served basis for full day assignments.
Paid training will take place in early summer 2021. After operators are trained, they will be approached on an as-needed basis and will be able to sign-up on a first-come, first-served basis for full day assignments as training programs are booked in the digital capability center.
Pay is $15 per hour. Each operator will issue an invoice to BioCentriq as they complete their training or assignments and be paid via ACH within 7-14 business days. Completed W-9 and ACH forms are required from each selected applicant upon acceptance into the program to receive payment.
- College level course study in the fundamentals of biology or chemistry and associated laboratories
- General familiarity with a laboratory safety, workflow, handling of equipment, and willingness to learn new laboratory techniques
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and an ability to learn new things
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Professional demeanor
Preferred Skills –
- Hands-on experience with industry-specific software and equipment
- Previous work experience in a lab or healthcare environment
- An understanding of cell and gene therapies
- Able to proactively address potential issues
- Takes place at VentureLink@NJIT, 211 Warren Street, Newark, NJ Varies,
- (2) day initial training early Summer 2021
- Project work is always a full day during the week
- First-come, first-served as opportunities and dates are posted