At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This position is a 6-month Co-op from January – June 2022
This scientific opportunity is with the Analytical Development Biochemistry and Chemistry Development group (AD BioCD) in Research Triangle Park, NC. This team is part of Biogen’s Product and Technology Development (PTD) organization, which engages in laboratory activities supporting the development and characterization of therapeutic products, manufacturing processes and new technologies.
In this role you will work on analytical method development, specifically in protein analysis by liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry. This will involve working closely with analytical chemists to develop, evaluate, and potentially qualify the LC based analytical methods. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Analytical method development, specifically in protein analysis by liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry.
- Working closely with analytical chemists to develop, evaluate, and potentially qualify the LC based analytical methods.
- You should be scientifically curious, a self-starter, and creative in solving problems.
- You should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You should have experience working in a laboratory environment and presenting experimental data.
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Individuals pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in any of the following: Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related fields