At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This position is a 6-month Co-op from January – June 2022
The Chemical Biology & Proteomics group is seeking an R programmer that will be able to help us develop and implement R shiny based applications for interactive data analysis.
We are the Chemical Biology & Proteomics group. We develop and apply advanced proteomics methods in supporting therapeutics characterization including target engagement, lead compound selectivity and drug MOA, etc., target biology, and developing drug discovery tools. An important component of proteomics analysis is the proteomics bioinformatics. In addition to its core responsibility of data processing and analysis, the team has been developing several interactive web apps for result visualization and multi-omics integration. In this role you will work on:
- Developing R shiny apps for dose-response and time course curve fitting, and multi-omics integration analysis.
- Writing reports and give presentations to internal/external audience
- Publishing the project work in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience in building analytical applications and reactive programming in R Shiny
- Experience in SQL and remote data-sources in R.
- Able to understand and have knowledge of multi-omics data such as transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and cheminformatics.
To participate in the Biogen Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
A Ph.D. or M.S. student in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or Statistics.