At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This is for a 6-month Co-op position lasting from January – June 2022
The Corporate Affairs function is responsible for positioning Biogen as a leader in neuroscience and enhancing the company’s reputation with key stakeholders, employees, and patients. At the core, Corporate Affairs supports the company’s business objectives by communicating and informing Biogen’s company value proposition and bringing the brand’s promise to life.
As a Corporate Communication Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects that further establish Biogen as the leader in neuroscience by developing stories and communication campaigns, driving content development and engagement on Biogen’s global social media channels, elevating Biogen’s corporate social responsibility and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, and helping to drive employee engagement.
Detailed description of role including but not limited to:
- Support corporate communication campaigns and projects across Biogen.
- Create authentic and compelling communications materials as needed, including writing stories, drafting social media content, newsletters, external communication materials, handouts, and brand materials.
- Identify and develop projects and communication materials to support Biogen’s position as a leader in neuroscience and the company’s brand, community and strategy goals.
- Work cross-functionally with company stakeholders and subject-matter experts to research, write and develop positions as needed.
- Liaise day-to-day with key partners, design agencies, and collaborators in support of project deliverables
- Amplify our impact by being a catalytic Corporate Communications leader and inspire and engage employees in a way that connects them to the business and elevates Biogen’s profile.
Specific projects that you may work on include:
- Supporting the execution of corporate responsibility strategy and programs, including implementing key initiatives (i.e. Healthy Climate, Healthy Lives,), creating employee engagement events and writing stories on this theme.
- Create compelling stories for Biogen.com and Biogen’s intranet as well as other compelling communication materials that support Biogen’s position as a neuroscience leader and corporate citizen
- Assist in the day-to-day management of Biogen’s corporate social media channels, including writing social posts, creating images, managing calendars and approvals and developing analytics
- Advancing Biogen’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion by supporting internal and external communications on our commitments, employee engagement events and contributing to cross-functional updates, tracking with HR
- Creative, pioneering, agile and flexible. Possesses a natural curiosity and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing skills and ability to drive effective communications.
- Passion for either science, responsibility, social media or equivalent.
- Strong initiative, sense of urgency and ability.
- Must possess the ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- 21st century communicator – strong knowledge of digital platforms, social media, and awareness of emerging technologies as well as traditional tools (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Maturity and ability to work cross-functionally with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent Biogen in a variety of community settings.
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Current Bachelors Degree student.