At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
The vision of Global Business Services (GBS) at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for excellence in its people, business solutions, execution, and partnerships with internal customers.
We do this by partnering with the business and enterprise functions (internal customers) to identify repeatable, scalable business processes that be standardized, optimized, collocated where appropriate to drive maximum effectiveness in operation, while also driving enterprise efficiencies. GBS will deliver these services by leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency, and metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level agreements.
Biogen is embarking on a journey to create a multiyear roadmap to effectively scale the Finance and shared services organizations to meet the needs of the business over the coming years, while maintaining Biogen’s competitive advantage. We need to continue to identify ways to evolve and become more agile.
This is a journey that will take some time, starting with rigorous planning. We have completed meetings with several key subject matter experts, process owners and stakeholders and identified a full place of substantive opportunities that we can incorporate into our long-range plan.
Next steps include evaluation of the roadmap including benchmarking against industry best practices/standards, working to scope and plan for upcoming initiatives, work with senior leadership across the firm to align on expectations and perspectives and create an element of structure to details and timeline surrounding the projects.
As a Finance Transformation Co-op your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluation of thought leadership articles/resources necessary to benchmark our organization against industry from a people, process & technology perspective
- Providing consultative support acting as a catalyst for the identification of opportunities for process efficiency and improvement and drive change through proactive engagement of process owners and use of new technology
- Scope, structure and performing necessary planning procedures for upcoming initiatives
- Work with senior leadership to inform status, findings and/or necessary information required to be highlighted
- Assist with continuous improvement related education and training to finance management
- Coordination and performance of Finance Transformation initiatives
- Assistance for important projects across Finance
- Experience with project management with ability to manage multiple initiatives/tasks at the same time
- Possess ability to provide clear and concise documentation of work performed, issues and observations
- Ability to communicate results with confidence to both suggest and support new ideas and approaches
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Bachelor of Science or MBA student majoring in Accounting or Finance.