At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This position is a 6 month co-op lasting from January – June 2022.
Global Clinical Operations (GCO) is part of the Clinical Sciences organization within Research and Global Clinical Operations (GCO) is part of the Clinical Sciences organization within Research and Development (R&D). GCO supports Clinical Sciences by providing expert operational delivery on our R&D clinical pipeline trials (phases 1-4). GCO is a key member of the Project Team and leads the Clinical Study Management Teams. We strive to be a world-class organization that brings disease and phase-aligned operational and scientific expertise to our pipeline studies. A customer-focused mindset and delivering on quality & value are integral to how we conduct our business in GCO and are exhibited through our growing site and patient engagement activities.
How we do this is by developing the strategy for running clinical trials and execute on the strategy in partnership with multiple clinical trial vendors. Clinical trials are complex and require extensive internal and external partnerships, and this is where this group has extensive expertise. In addition, there are multiple regulations and good practices that we follow to ensure patient safety, data integrity, and compliance through everything that we do.
The work we do provides choices to patients and their families, giving opportunities to participate in clinical trials, providing access to novel potential treatments, and offering solutions for unmet needs.
You will work within the Biogen Feasibility Center of Excellence, providing support on development of analytic dashboards and other analysis tools utilized by the team. The Feasibility center of excellence is responsible for conducting research and analysis for pre-study clinical trial feasibility in support of Biogen clinical development efforts; to manage feasibility related processes, metrics, and tracking; to collaborate with CRO partners in support of feasibility related processes; to support Biogen business priorities and initiatives in relation to feasibility and study start-up.
Based on current business needs, you will focus heavily on supporting ongoing projects in process improvement and optimization efforts specifically in the space of clinical research feasibility data analysis. More specifically, there is opportunity for you to participate in meaningful projects to support ongoing efforts in process feasibility process improvement, analytics, and dashboard creation.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis activities related to clinical trial feasibility
- Support the development of intuitive reports and documentation
- Establish guidance for teams to ease of comprehension and use of developed analytics
- Contribute to the improvement of our internal dashboards, tools, templates and analytics
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience with data driven decision making and strong analytical skills
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills, especially in a matrixed environment
- Working on multiple tasks with capabilities to identify and prioritize crucial tasks first
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Advanced Excel capabilities (lookups, pivot tables, macros, VBA)
- Experience with data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., Tableau)
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Bachelors or Masters degree student