At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This posting is for a May – December 2022 assignment. All regular co-op candidates (July – December) are still encouraged to apply.
The Biogen Internal Audit department is an independent assurance function that assists the Company in assessing the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations. As a co-op, you will function as an integral part of audit teams, working under the direction of the auditor-in-charge, to meet the objectives of audit activities within established deadlines.
You will primarily focus on assessing the design and operating effectiveness of IT general controls (i.e., Sarbanes-Oxley 404 testing), but may also assist with other audit projects as needed. Specific assignments may include:
- Test and document workpapers for IT general controls in the following areas: access management, change management, IT operations, backup and restoration.
- Perform remediation testing for moderate to high-risk audit observations across a wide array of IT audit areas.
- Assist with planning activities and executing test plans for various operational IT audits.
- Prepare status and observation updates/reports for different levels of management.
You will function as an integral member of audit teams, working under the direction of the auditor-in-charge, to meet the objectives of IT SOX testing and other IT audit activities within established deadlines.
Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
At least one year of study in Information Technology, IT Auditing, Accounting or related fields