At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experience professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This position is for a 6-month Co-op lasting from January – June 2022
We are seeking Co-op’s to join our research lab in Biogen’s Biologics Drug Discovery Team, and contribute to our mission to design, optimize, and develop therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases. In this role, you will work in a lab with a cross-functional team performing experiments that will contribute to our drug discovery milestones.
When you submit your resume, you may be considered for one of the following teams:
- Protein Biochemistry: Optimizes biological candidates by enhancing systemic delivery of therapeutics to the muscle and to the central nervous system.
- Protein and Cell Engineering: Leverages a combination of common molecular biology cloning techniques, protein expression in mammalian cell lines, and mammalian cell engineering to discover and generate medicines for neurological diseases and neurodegenerative disorders.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A strong interest in biological sciences and drug discovery,
- Willing to learn new techniques, and communicate effectively in a group setting.
- Previous lab experience.
Additionally, you should have experience or familiarity with some of the following:
- Cell biology and mammalian cell culture
- Molecular biology and cloning
- Tissue culture and cellular assays
- Protein expression, purification, and characterization
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- PhD, Masters, or Undergraduate Junior/Senior students.
- Majoring in: Biology, Biochemistry, Biological/Biomedical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field.