At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a full-time co-op role from January – June 2022.
Global Business Services
The vision of Global Business Services (GBS) at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for excellence in its people, business solutions, execution, and partnerships with internal customers.
We do this by partnering with the business and enterprise functions (internal customers) to identify repeatable, scalable business processes that be standardized, optimized, collocated where appropriate to drive maximum effectiveness in operation, while also driving enterprise efficiencies. GBS will deliver these services by leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency, and metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level agreements.
Time Tracking Project Deployment Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the progress of selected actions identified under the Oracle Time & Labor (OTL) Improvement Project.
The OTL system is used as a project accounting support to gather information on the time allocation to either an investment project or time spent on product support. Proper time registration is critical for financial management, enabling Biogen to run downstream financial reporting and cross-charging activities. Therefore, the role of Time Tracking Deployment Coordinator will have a significant impact on financial practices in Biogen.
As a co-op, you will assist with all aspects of the assigned initiatives related to OTL improvement project and support the prioritization and execution of activities within those initiatives. You will report to Time Tracking, Global Process Owner and follow the deployment of strategic roadmap for time tracking. This role combines both the finance and IT side of the time tracking process.
- Support the execution of OTL system improved features, including input form redesign and time tracking data collection process redesign, follow-up on mobile application adoption
- Document progress of lead activities, along with training documentation and knowledge management
- Lead collection of feedback from the adoption of the deployed improvements
- Identify, prioritize, and plan the improvements in processes that support time tracking by working with multiple stakeholders in finance/accounting departments
- Support the elimination of non-compliance in time tracking process
- Document and present conclusions and deliverables to business, functions, and management with recommendations for further improvement
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Experience in Project Management with planning, prioritization of activities and managing risk in delivery
- Ability to support issue management and incident management within project scope
- Ability to provide concise project documentation with clear messages and recommendations
- Ability to analyze data and drive conclusions
- Ability to communicate results with confidence
- Finance or/and accounting knowledge is a plus
- Power BI/ Tableau knowledge is a plus
BA in Finance/IT/Business Management (or higher)