At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This is for a 6-month Co-op position lasting from January – June 2022
The Corporate Affairs function is responsible for positioning Biogen as a leader in neuroscience and enhancing the company’s reputation with key stakeholders, employees, and patients. At the core, Corporate Affairs supports the company’s business objectives by communicating and informing Biogen’s company value proposition and bringing the brand’s promise to life.
As a Corporate Communication Video Production Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects that further establish Biogen as the leader in neuroscience, elevate Biogen’s corporate social responsibility and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, and drive employee engagement.
Detailed description of role including but not limited to:
- Identify and develop video projects to support Biogen’s position as a leader in neuroscience and the company’s strategic goals.
- Work across every level of the organization and engage subject-matter experts to develop video content as needed
- Liaise day-to-day with key partners, design agencies, and collaborators in support of project deliverables
- Amplify our impact by inspiring and engaging employees in a way that connects them to the business and elevates Biogen’s profile
Specific projects that you may work on include:
- Create authentic and compelling Biogen video content as needed
- Assist video production team with projects across Biogen including brand campaigns, visual storytelling for digital media (including social, website and intranet)
- Assist with video production projects and requests
- Work with Video Production Lead to shoot, edit and produce videos for a variety of uses, channels and needs
- Assist in management of video studio
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, Photoshop. After Effects preferred.)
- Strong written and verbal communication is essential.
- Experience with video cameras, audio and lighting equipment
- Ability to recognize story potential and independently develop video assets.
- Creative eye and enthusiasm for video storytelling
- Ability to thrive in an energetic corporate environment
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Bachelors degree student majoring in Film Studies, Cinematography, Video Production, Corporate Communications, or other related discipline.