At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a full-time co-op role from January – June 2022.
The Worldwide Medical (WWM) Co-op will learn the necessary technical expertise to help drive improved learning performance for the US Field Medical Team.
As a co-op, you will:
- Assist the WWM Learning Partners with building and sustaining relationships with business stakeholders, working to understand their learning needs, and proposing and implementing learning solutions for US Medical Science Liaisons (MSL), and the yearly needs analyses and contribute to appropriate solutions
- Support the learning partners in the design/development/customization and maintenance of training curricula and coordinate and deliver training programs (e.g., workshops, Co-Opal presentations) for the US MSL teams.
- Support appropriate and optimal use of the LMS, including liaising with business stakeholders to determine appropriate assignment profiles, curricula development, and assignments.
- Support the WWM Learning Team in establishing and implementing a learning culture and performance-driven approach across the organization.
- Assess learning needs for the US MSLs and devise solutions to create demonstrable business impact. Measure results and adapt as needed.
- Use best practices from adult learning principles to deliver training to support learning and compliance.
- Partner with subject matter experts and resources, both Co-Opally and externally, to create and deliver training content for US MSLs.
- Develop and maintain LMS standardized training compliance metrics and reporting based upon business demand (i.e. departmental requirements/project deliverables). Provide customized reporting on an ad hoc basis.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with conducting Foundation Medical Training for newly hired MSLs
- Assist with weekly MSL Training and Best Practice calls
- Assist with vendor management required for soft skills training for MSLs
- Assist with live/virtual training programs that align with US Field Medical Plan of Action meetings
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
B.S., Masters, Ph.D.
Remote. All remote workers must be within the United States during the duration of the co-op.