Support Manager in all aspects of the regulatory and financial process for assigned jurisdiction or function in order to achieve success for the customer and Company. Support and assist in the development oif regulatory policies and initiatives that support business strategies, including the development and filing of rate case applications. Assist in preparation, presentation, and reporting of information ffor internal decision-making and filings with the approrpriate Commissions and/or regulatory body. Support development, analysis, and interpretation of financial budgets and strategic plans.
SALARY RANGE: $58,900 – $88,400 (Determined by the knowledge, skill and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Regulatory & Finance
LOCATION: Our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- You’ll find this is the ideal community to live, work and do business in. With hiking trails, the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park in your backyard, there are endless opportunities to enjoy nature. To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position! Package is based on distance/complexity of the move, and individual circumstances. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in development of models for evaluation of new business alternatives that incorprate analysis of the key variables.
- Assist in developing/maintaining financial plan which can be used as a basis for variance analysis agianst actuals.
- Assist in developing/maintaining logical and flexible financial models that produce a full set of financial statements utilizing existing tools and software in efficient manner.
- Perform financial and ope/rational calcualtion regarding metrics based on key business drivers that provide necessary insight to management business decision making.
- Research legislation, rates, rules, and the terms and conditions of service as requested; Assist in implementation of tariff changes including test protocol and verifying changes.
- Analyze and interpret Company financial forecasts; Monitor adjustment tariffs, associated balancing accounts and prepare summary reports.
- Drive continuous improvement of financial analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and planning; Support development of regulatory policies and initiatives that support business stategies.
- Interpret regulatory directives contained within PUC decisions; advise compliance; Research legislative rule-making; support creation and execution of all regulatory filings.
- Support efforts to respond to customer service issues to the commissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, such as Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Understanding of utility regulatory process and rate analysis for both gas and electric utility service preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts including internal controls; Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of financial statements; Strong quantitative and analytical skills, ability to perform complex analysis
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communicaiton skills; Maintain strict confidentiality with minimal supervision
- Recommend and implement process and technology improvements
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee frequently moves about the office space. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary Work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. No travel is required for this role.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.