On-Line Teacher Description
School Setting: Blair Academy is a co-educational, grade 9-postgraduate boarding school situated on 460 hilltop acres just minutes from the Delaware Water Gap and approximately one hour west of New York City. Learn more about our campus and programs at the School’s website at www.blair.edu.
Position Available: Blair Academy announces openings for on-line teachers. We are searching for enthusiastic, student-centered, and collegial teacher who will share in the responsibility of ensuring that our on-line teaching of various disciplines to students who cannot join us on campus is
consistent with the experience they would be having at Blair.
The strongest applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Experience teaching or tutoring at the introductory and advanced level of their discipline.
- A passion for teaching students at all levels, from freshman classes through Advanced Placement;
- An advanced degree in the disciplines they will be teaching.
- Interest and experience integrating technological tools into their lessons
- A strong commitment to collaborating with colleagues to follow Blair Academy’s curricular materials.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Teaching on-line evening classes and providing extra help for approximately 15 hours/week, details to be determined.
How to Apply: First, send your résumé and a letter of interest to Lorry Perry, Dean of Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org, followed by another e-mail with transcripts (which may be unofficial) and three professional references.
Blair Academy seeks and supports faculty members who enliven and strengthen our community through their contributions to our classrooms, extracurricular activities and their desire to bring people together in a welcoming, inclusive community. We are committed to hiring people from a diversity of backgrounds. We do not discriminate against any applicants, as we ensure equal employment opportunities for all.