We are looking for a creative and motivated candidate who is interested in specializing in social media marketing and advertising. As a social media intern at Blickman, you will be responsible for managing our social media accounts and assisting in strategizing a comprehensive integrated marketing and advertising plan that seeks to increase our online presence and improve our sales efforts. You will also be responsible for creating deliverables that include but are not limited to targeted social media ads, relevant blog posts, and product promotional media. You will be working closely with the marketing, sales, and data analytics departments.
**Please note that this position is for college credit and can be either virtual or in person. Please consult your academic advisor, as this internship may be completed for college credit**
- Manage and run Blickman social media accounts
- Assist in developing and implementing our social media strategy
- Work with marketing department to create strategic, data-based campaigns consisting of social media ads, social media posts, Google Ads, email marketing, and well-designed landing pages consistent with Blickman’s brand.
- Create consistent written and graphic design content for social media posts
- Create supporting marketing material such as blog posts, e-newsletters, webpages, etc. to distribute via social media
- Engage with our audience and communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network and/or maintain professional relationships
- Research and monitor activity of company competitors
- Work with data analytics department to create comprehensive reports using Google Analytics and sales data to track campaign success
- Willing to learn
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Detail oriented with strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Up to date with latest social media best practices and trends
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media if needed
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills; experience with blog-style writing preferred
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Canva and Adobe programs; experience with InDesign & Photoshop preferred
- Experience with Social Media Tools such as Buffer or Hootsuite
- Experience doing audience and buyer persona research
- Familiarity with web design, web development, and SEO
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, and Facebook Insights
This opportunity is for someone who is looking to learn every aspect of a social media strategy including, but not limited to, designing, and implementing a social media strategy; creating content and scheduling posts; tracking campaign success; and analyzing, and improving our online presence via data-based analysis.