Bloomsbury is seeking an editorial intern for its Adult Trade team. We are a publisher of fiction and nonfiction trade titles located in Midtown/Herald Square. Bloomsbury is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Since we are a small team, our interns are a key part of our day-to-day operations. As a Bloomsbury Adult editorial intern, you will work on a variety of projects that reflect the diverse aspects of trade publishing, including:
- Reading and evaluating manuscripts and proposals (both fiction and nonfiction)
- Mailings and award submissions
- Research and metadata
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates are intelligent, detail-oriented, able to manage their own time, and strongly interested in literature and a career in publishing. Interns will have an opportunity to attend programming designed to introduce them to the varied departments within Bloomsbury, provide them with networking opportunities, and prepare them for the job application process.
We require a commitment of up to 29 hours per week. This position pays New York City minimum wage.
We are looking for creative and motivated individuals who ideally have the following skills:
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
- Firm grasp of grammar and spelling, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Enthusiasm for publishing, literature, and reading
Candidates must reside in NY, NJ, CT, or PA. Although this is a primarily remote position and the ability to work in-office is not required, preference will be given to candidates who are able to work in person for 1-2 days per week.