Bluestar BioAdvisors, LLC (Bluestar) is a growth stage consulting firm that services companies in the life sciences industry, ranging from startups to major multinationals. With seasoned leadership, we support biopharma clients’ business development, new product planning, and strategy needs on global scale. Project examples include market and product assessments, commercial diligence, competitive landscape analysis and scenario planning, asset search and evaluation, therapeutic area/indication strategy and forecasting/NPV analysis.
Consultant/Senior Consultant Responsibilities
The Consultant/Senior Consultant will play an integral role in the execution and delivery of projects by working with experienced project leaders on all aspects of client engagements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Gathering and analyzing scientific and medical literature, financial and healthcare market reports and databases to discern the business implications of new technologies and emerging trends
- Leveraging problem solving skills to synthesize and communicate results and strategic implications to team members and clients through oral and written presentations
- Conducting in-depth interviews with clinicians, payers, thought leaders, and executives in the healthcare industry and related fields
- Owning (sections of) client deliverables and participating in client presentations
Travel is limited, typically for project deliverables during client meetings and, on occasion, during client acquisition meetings.
We offer a dynamic growth environment for individuals passionate about the life sciences industry. It is an exciting time to join Bluestar, where we carefully select and heavily invest in the company’s expanding team. As a Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to help grow and build Bluestar, as well as collaborate directly with senior internal and client team members, thereby growing your career in the healthcare industry.
Bluestar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Ph.D. degree in life sciences, particularly biology or pharmacology with research experience in cancer
- Industry or consulting experience a plus, but not required
- Strong curiosity about the life sciences industry and a desire to improve clients’ business
- Core skills required include: clinical/commercial data analysis, strong oral and written communication skills and team work
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Self-starter with high motivation and solid time management skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint, and an ability to quickly learn new software applications
Candidates are asked to submit their resumes to: