About BML Public Relations (BMLPR): A full-service, award-winning PR + social media agency located 30 miles outside of New York City in Florham Park, NJ. Candidly, we do everything every other PR + social agency does, we just do it greater than the rest (we even built our logo around it)! As a full-service communications agency, we’ve repped 27 Fortune 500 brands. We operate in a fun, casual and collaborative environment, with a work hard, play hard philosophy. We love what we do and require our colleagues to bring the same passion to the office every day. Our all-hands-on deck approach will allow you to do more as part of our team than at most agencies. You will have the opportunity to learn by doing, not by watching, daily.
About BMLPR’s Public Relations Internship: We don’t want BMLPR to be just another stop on your career path – we want it to be the last stop! Interns at BMLPR don’t get coffee or make copies. The daily/primary responsibilities include drafting placement/emails, tracking placements, conducting media relations, drafting various press materials and creating and maintaining media lists. Please note, this is a paid internship!
· Must be an enrolled communications/public relations student
· Creative thinker
· Basic communication skills via phone/email
· Reliable and responsible
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Basic social media experience including the use of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, etc.
· Ability to pitch via phone or email
· Build, maintain and update media and influencer lists
· Basic ability to draft press materials including media alerts and pitches
· Draft client correspondence (placement emails, media requests, updates, reports, etc.)
· Miscellaneous research (editorial calendars, award entries, food holidays, etc.)
· Media audits
· Participate in brainstorms
· Daily trending stories reporting
· Media tracker maintenance
· Maintain organized client folders on server
· Timesheets time tracking
· Working knowledge of Cision, Hypestat, TVEyes and Lexis-Nexis
· General administrative support of teams