Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-op to join our Information Technology department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As a Co-op, you will support the global initiative for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) in IT and experience how the Material and Analytical Science and Chemical Development departments contribute to the development of drug products.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary focus of the Co-Op candidate will be to learn and assist with the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) initiative and assist with development of several bots that have been prioritized for the Innovation Unit (IU) Organization. The candidate will collaborate closely with IT and functional business team stakeholder to create Bots and support other related project deliverables. You will learn the concept of following the steps of the system lifecycle, such as system configuration, system migration, testing, as well as learn good documentation processes; while working in a global team setting.
· Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
· Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
· Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
· Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· General computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, etc.)
· Experience with operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux) and basic networking concepts
· Basic understanding of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) concepts; practical experience is a plus
· Intermediate to advanced excel skills (i.e. v-lookups, formulas, macros)
· Experience in programming (preferred with C#/VB Languages)
· Basic SQL skills (select statements, update statements, joins, unions)
· Ability to adapt and learn new tools
· Acute analytic skills with attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong documentation skills with a curious mindset
· Strong teamwork and positive work ethic
· BS/MS preferred in a technology field
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
· Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
· Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.