Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our Avian Virology Team located at our Athens, Georgia facility. As a Co-Op, you will participate/assist in the design and
execution of non-routine experiments aiming to bring innovative solutions to prevent poultry viral disease. You will perform all work in conformance with applicable regulations, and in a safe manner. The scope of responsibility is primarily within the laboratory environment and in virology research discipline.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and completes customary procedures in an independent and efficient manner with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates technical ability to assist in the design and execution of non-routine experiments with supervision.
- Applies basic scientific principles with minimal guidance; Performs literature searches and extracts relevant information from scientific publications and protocols.
- Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate, national and local authority regulations.
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Requires highly motivated, dependable, and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience with virology and tissue culture techniques including virus cultivation and propagation, transient transfection, and immunofluorescence assay is highly desired.
- Strong background in theory and performance of protein and nucleic acid biochemical methods including PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction, and Western blot is preferred.
- Experiences in confocal microscopy is a plus.
- Experiences in using sequence analysis software programs is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts and apply appropriately with supervision
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and information
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job – Apprenticeship
Primary Location – Americas-US-GA-Athens
Organization – US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Schedule – Full-time