Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our IT department located at our Ridgefield facility. As an Co-Op, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including IT, chemists, biologists, and engineers from small molecule drug substances, biological entities, and analytical sciences to develop a data harmonization approach enabling the transfer from laboratory instruments to R&D databases and visualization techniques using advanced mathematics, including Python scripts.
Laboratory instruments generate time-course datapoint in real-time or post-experiment in different formats, but often in .txt, .csv. or .txt files. Each instrument may output similar fields, such as time or temperature, or different ones, such as heat, analytical spectroscopy, chromatography trends, or even images.
You will collate this data to 1. Display trends from different instruments in customized 2-D windows, 2. Build a unique and comprehensive database, 3. Achieve these goals in real-time or after the scientists have finished the experiments.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet BI scientists, IT SMEs, and IT leaders to understand their needs and requirements.
- Analyze these requests with the IT department
- Bring creative ideas to generate small computer programs to aggregate data from different files in several formats based on analysis.
- Document your work to handover to the appropriate support personnel
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- General computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux) and basic networking concepts
- Basic understanding of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) concepts; practical experience with UIPath is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills (i.e. v-lookups, formulas, macros)
- Experience in programming Python (familiar with C# & VB Languages a plus)
- Basic SQL skills (select statements, update statements, joins, unions)
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and technologies
- Acute analytic skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills with a curious mindset
- Strong teamwork and positive work ethic
- BS/MS preferred in a technology field
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job – Apprenticeship
Primary Location – Americas-US-CT-Ridgefield
Organization – US-BI Pharma/BI USA
Schedule – Full-time