Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future. This position will have the option to work regularly from our offices in Cambridge, MA when we are able to safely return.
Please apply for this position directly on our website, here.
About the position:
You’ll work with us full-time for about six months, July–December 2021.
As part of our marketing team you’ll become familiar with the digital advertising landscape, and have the opportunity to learn the core aspects of what it takes to successfully plan, run, analyze, and optimize a digital marketing campaign.
You’ll help drive new member growth to BookBub and Chirp via various digital marketing channels such as search engine ads (SEM) and social media ads. Testing and analysis are key components of the role.
- Develop and execute ongoing consumer marketing campaigns
- Analyze the impact of marketing initiatives to scale new member acquisition and value, and present results to the team
- Optimize targeting and bidding of existing campaigns according to performance
- Develop new creative concepts by writing ad copy, ideating paid social ads and testing different variants of messaging
- Test new ideas along the advertising and new user journey, e.g. new targeting capabilities, campaign structure, bid strategies, signup flow
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- You’re a currently enrolled student, preferably pursuing a concentration in marketing or a related field
- You’re available to work full-time for six months from July–December 2021
- You’re analytical and data driven, comfortable with Excel and excited about the prospect of learning additional business intelligence tools
- You’re organized and have a strong attention to detail
- You’re motivated to reach goals and learn
- You can work both individually and as part of a team
- You have excellent marketing instincts
- You can communicate new ideas and findings clearly to other members of the team
Our interviewing philosophy:
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience:
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at email@example.com. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.