Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.
Organic Marketing Co-op Role
You’ll work with us full-time for about six months, January–June 2021.
You’ll work with the organic marketing team, which is part of the Consumer Growth team. The organic marketing team’s goal is to acquire new users for BookBub and Chirp (our audiobook brand) via unpaid channels, including social media marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), viral and referral marketing, earned media, and more. You’ll contribute across the team, and responsibilities could include: working on SEO strategy through backlink outreach and editing SEO-focused content; social media work across Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter; aiding in copy editing and publishing original content; optimizing on-site signup experiences; growing our referral marketing program across both channels; contributing to PR outreach efforts; and analyzing data to help inform strategic decisions.
During your co-op, you will:
- Assist in SEO initiatives across BookBub and Chirp, including link building outreach and editing and updating SEO-focused content
- Maintain Chirp and BookBub’s social media platforms, and optimizing high-growth channels
- Work on content marketing initiatives and specifically creating content for BookBub and Chirp’s reader-facing blogs, including copy editing articles and choosing headlines and images
- Track and analyze the performance of unpaid channels and campaigns via regularly monitoring and analyzing data
- Assist with other projects on the Consumer Growth team as needed, which may include contributions to PR strategy, product marketing, referral marketing, on-site signup optimizations, and more
Ideal candidates for the position will:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Have strong audience instincts and can create content for different audiences, brands, and voices
- Have experience using social media for marketing purposes
- Be data-driven and interested in digging into analytics to understand our audiences and acquisition funnels
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Be excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Be enthusiastic about books
- Plus: Have familiarity with SEO basics and best practices
- Plus: Have experience using a content management system or blogging platform (e.g. WordPress)
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.