Special Education Fellowship
Dudley Promise Corps
Apply Today! Next application deadline: February 22nd, 2021 (noon ET)!
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Special Education Fellow, you will:
- Provide targeted academic support in a range of subjects (english, math, science, history, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Special Education Team to support our students with the highest emotional learning needs
- Follow a specific set of students into classrooms to provide them with specialized academic and socio-emotional support and monitor their progress
- Together, with lead teachers, work to keep students in classrooms and on track academically
-Targeted, 1:1 academic support
-Small group academic support
-Support partner teacher in lesson plan implementation
-Interpersonal relationship-building with students, teachers, school-staff
-Learning and implementing Restorative Practices
-Support partner teacher in lesson plan development
-Monitor and support student attendance
-Free time, recess, and lunch monitoring support
*To learn more about the specific roles & responsibilities and training associated with this Fellowship, please email as email@example.com or use this link to schedule a time to speak with a member of our team.
Professional Development & Training
To support your ability to do this work, Special Education Fellows will receive the following training:
- How to provide small group and 1:1 instruction
- Community engagement to learn about the Dudley community history, assets, and aspirations, and engage with community partners through multi-faceted experiences outside of schools. DPC believes that this connection will give corps members an understanding that allows them to better serve students.
- Social justice-oriented coaching and support to leverage education to push the needle toward equity
Beyond training, you may be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Education award ($6,345) upon successful* completion of service
- Health insurance coverage
- Living allowance ($13,883)*
- Access to AmeriCorps service member training through Massachusetts Service Alliance
- Student loan forbearance**
- Food Assistance/SNAP benefit eligibility
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Networking opportunities with community and education leaders
Teamwork & Collaboration
Special Education Fellows Fellows are part of Dudley Promise Corps (DPC), a full-time, one-year neighborhood-based AmeriCorps service program serving BPE’s Dearborn STEM Academy. DPC leverages the power of national service to support all students in Dudley to stay on track to attend college and serve as responsible citizens in their community, while simultaneously developing corps members as engaged civic leaders committed to social justice.
BPE does not discriminate with regard to race, color, origin, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion. BPE is committed to seeking qualified applicants with disabilities and can provide reasonable accommodations during the application process and time of service upon request.
*AmeriCorps financial support amounts shown are subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about AmeriCorps financial benefits.
**May be eligible for loan forbearance. For more information, visit this site.