Under the direct supervision of the Program Director and Assistant Program Director the Program Coordinator, is responsible for carrying out staff & program supervision at the
Before & Afterschool Program held in the Woodland Park School District’s School #1.
Ensure the health and safety of members, and site supervisors/staff.
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university and/or experience equivalent.
• First Aid, Safety, AED, and CPR certification required.
• Demonstrate the ability to set and meet goals.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents and young, and encourage their participation in planning, problem-solving, and decision making.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform basic administrative duties and comply with NJ
Bureau of Licensing Child Care regulations.
• Demonstrate the ability to supervise staff and ensure a safe environment for both
staff and program participants.
GENERAL JOB SEGMENTS
• To be a positive role model
• Adhere to the Club Personnel Policies and Practices and for the implementation of the Club Discipline Policies and Guidelines.
• Manage site BGC Clifton staff to comply with the needs of the Woodland Park Pre-K
Program; manage staff hours, payroll administration.
• Manage the responsibilities as outlined in the MOU/Partnership with the Woodland
Park School District.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Early Childhood Director and
• Maintain licensing requirements and documentation on-site.
SPECIFIC JOB SEGMENTS
• Ensure all procedures and regulations for health, fire, safety, parent pick-ups, parent
consents, transportation, snacks, medical and other emergency procedures will be
clearly listed and widely disseminated, and that they will conform to local and state
• Structure and facilitate meaningful communication between school officials and the
Pre-K staff to plan, coordinate, and integrate curricular areas with program
• Responsible for all program content and acquisition of program supplies and
equipment. Required to conduct monthly meetings with site supervisors, school
principals, and develop a working relationship with teachers in the school. Required
to hold at least 3 parent meetings and conduct program evaluation surveys (midyear & end of year).
• Recruit, conduct initial interviews, conduct reference checks and background checks
on all potential employees and train all program Staff in compliance with N.J.
Bureau of Licensing standards.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the BGC Clifton Woodland Park School District
Pre-K Program, track student attendance and Club membership, payments, and work
cooperatively with the Director of Early Childhood.
EFFECT OF END RESULT
This position is dedicated to the fulfillment of the mission of the Boys & Girls Club of
Clifton through the development and presentation of relevant programming at the Club.
The Program Coordinators’ position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness,
completion, and quality of the Club programs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees
in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees
assigned to this job.