Responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program for children ages 2.9 years to 5 years.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Responsible for the care and education of children, insuring their safety and well-being at all times.
- Work enthusiastically with children helping to instill positive values.
- Responsible for planning, preparing and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities in accordance with NAEYC criteria and Massachusetts state guidelines.
- Administer and accurately document initial and ongoing development using screening and assessment tools at established intervals.
- Maintain accurate records including curriculum plans, attendance, emergency forms, accident and incident forms, child observations and assessments.
- Responsible for securing health, hygiene and safety, and overall wellbeing of children at all times.
- Prepare the preschool learning environment for children to learn through active exploration and interaction with adult caregivers.
- Spends time directly interacting with children (indoors and outdoors).
- Communicate daily with parents and maintain positive relationships.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information of staff and families.
- Notifies Director of any issues regarding children or parents.
- Provide training, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to assigned preschool assistant teachers.
- Attends staff meetings and 20+ hours of training per year both on and off site.
- Participates in the PQ Registry: Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS).
- Carry out mission, vision and values of BGCD.
- Must be EEC certified.
- Must be familiar with policies and procedures including EEC regulations and NAEYC criteria.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified and able to maintain certification.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to take initiative.
Evidence of a recent physical (within last 12 months) and immunization history (2 doses of MMR and Neg. TB) must be submitted.