The Boys and Girls Club of Lower Bergen County Mentoring Program is searching for a Girl’s Group Facilitator!
Are you passionate about empowering the next generation of young girls?
Apply now to run SMART GIRLS!
What Is SMART Girls?
SMART Girls is one of the Boys & Girls Clubs’ top programs. It is taught year-round at Clubs across the country, reaching nearly 90,000 girls ages 8 to 18. Its targeted curriculum ensures girls get the right information and the right support at the right time. Separate modules are specially tailored to three distinct age groups: 8 to 10, 11 to 13 and 14 to 18. The interactive, engaging, small-group sessions engender camaraderie, while also encouraging each girl to explore and express her individuality through discussions, hands-on games and activities, role-play, take-home challenges and activities, and collaborative decision-making and problem solving.
You are a good fit for this job if:
- You are female
- You can commit to 12 weeks of volunteering, twice a week
- You are retired and would like to volunteer your time supporting the development of some amazing young girls
- You would like teaching experience
- You need volunteer hours
- You are in a teaching program
- You are in a B.A./M.A. program and need to earn Practicum/Internship Hours
- Fully vaccinated
- Background Check
- CARI (Child Abuse Record Information)
- A passion for teaching and leading young girls