Under the close supervision of the Director of Education & Teen Services, the after school program counselor is responsible for implementing educational enhancement programs. This person is responsible for assisting the director in assuring that the environment is safe and fun for all after-school program participants.
The person must have a high school diploma; be at least 19 years of age and should have previous experience in working with school aged children with the ability to motivate and manage behaviors. CPR and First Aid are required. The counselor must be creative, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Organize and conduct daily age appropriate educational enhancement activities.
- Take group attendance frequently throughout the session.
- Stimulate interest in arts and craft projects, physical education and educational enhancement activities.
- Report all accidents and incidents verbally and in writing to the site supervisor.
- Notify the site supervisor of any major disciplinary problems.
- Teach participants the fundamentals and rules of various games and instill the feeling of fair play.
- Assist the site supervisor in ensuring that all sports equipment, games and books are stored neatly and safely at the end of each day.
- Assist the site supervisor in ensuring that the site is left neat and clean at the end of each day.
- Counselor must be available Monday-Friday from 2:30pm-6:30pm and from 12pm-6pm when school has a half-day session.
*Hourly rate ranges from $12-$15 per hour depending on experience and education.*
*Applicants should contact Ron Brangman, Associate Club Director at 908-687-2697 Ext. 106*