Dudley Promise Corps
Apply Today! Next application deadline: March 29, 2021 (noon ET)!
Dudley Promise Corps members will serve as Education Fellows. As an EF, you’ll provide targeted academic support including 1:1 and small group tutoring. You’ll be embedded in classrooms to provide small group instructional support, target individual students to provide extra support on a regular basis, and provide push-in support.
-Targeted, 1:1 academic support
-Small group academic support
-Support partner teacher in lesson plan implementation
-Interpersonal relationship-building with students, teachers, school-staff
-Support partner teacher in lesson plan development
-Monitor and support student attendance
-Free time, recess, and lunch monitoring support
*To learn more about the specific roles & responsibilities and training associated with this Fellowship, please email as email@example.com or use this link to schedule a time to speak with a member of our team.
Professional Development & Training
To support your ability to do this work, Education Fellows will receive the following training:
- How to provide small group and 1:1 instruction
- Community engagement to learn about the Nubian Square community history, assets, and aspirations, and engage with community partners through multi-faceted experiences outside of schools. DPC believes that this connection will give corps members an understanding that allows them to better serve students.
- Social justice-oriented coaching and support to leverage education to push the needle toward equity
Beyond training, you may be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Education award ($6,345) upon successful* completion of service
- Health insurance coverage
- Living allowance ($13,883)*
- Access to AmeriCorps service member training through Massachusetts Service Alliance
- Student loan forbearance**
- Food Assistance/SNAP benefit eligibility
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Networking opportunities with community and education leaders
Teamwork & Collaboration
Education Fellows are part of Dudley Promise Corps (DPC), a full-time, one-year neighborhood-based AmeriCorps service program serving BPE’s Dearborn STEM Academy and Dudley Street School. DPC leverages the power of national service to support students in the Nubian Square area of Roxbury stay on track to attend college and serve as responsible citizens in their community, while simultaneously developing corps members as engaged civic leaders committed to social justice.
BPE does not discriminate with regard to race, color, origin, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion. BPE is committed to seeking qualified applicants with disabilities and can provide reasonable accommodations during the application process and time of service upon request.
*AmeriCorps financial support amounts shown are subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about AmeriCorps financial benefits.
**May be eligible for loan forbearance. For more information, visit this site.