Duties and Responsibilities
You will facilitate model building class that use LEGO® products from Duplos® to Technic Bricks to Robotics. You do not need to have experience with motorized model building or Robotics, as we will train you and supply all the necessary materials. Responsibilities include becoming familiar with the Teachers Guide for each lesson and tailor the lesson for the age group of the class, build the model before each class, manage 10 project kits, attendance, and ensuring that the objectives of each class are met.
Our programs are offered, once a week, and on the same day of the week, for one hour between 2-7pm, for children PK – 8th grades. The classes are primarily held in schools and/or recreation centers. The classes run for about 8-10 weeks depending on the school and or program. You could be assigned to multiple days at different locations. We also run half-day summer camps in partnership with full day camps. Our camps are 3 hours long, where you will assist with building, playing challenge games, crafting and an overall fun experience.
This is a part time position. We are looking for instructors in and/or near Essex County (including Caldwell, Livingston, Nutley and Verona). You must have a lot of energy, a fun personality, be punctual, and attentive to detail. As company grows there will be opportunity for growth into other positions.
Sounds like something you’re interested in? Great, you must meet all of the below requirements:
1) Must come up with a Clear Criminal Background Check (get finger printed or have a clearance letter already)
2) At least 2 years of college
3) 2 years of experience with children ex: camp counselor, teacher, college students, recent college grads, retirees, substitute teachers, etc.
4) Access to a computer with internet
5) Must have your own vehicle as a means reliable transportation (public transportation does not count)
* Knowledge sets include: Building blocks, Children’s educational software, Computer based training software, Facilitator, Instructing, Internet browser software, Laptop computers, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office software, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Tactile toys, Teaching.