A research technician to assist with laboratory-based research focused on tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The technician will assist with experiments that will include cell culture, western immunoblotting, RT-PCR, ELISA, invasion and migration, colony formation, microRNA quantitation, and animal studies including genotyping, inoculation of cells, and monitoring of tumor size using calipers, bioluminescence, and/or ultrasound.
BA or BS in a scientific field. Prior laboratory-based experience is required. Attention to detail, organizational skills, and genuine interest in biomedical research are very important.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with team members.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of research protocols, techniques that are used in laboratory research.
- Knowledge of computer programs, databases, etc that are used in laboratory research.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.